Version 3.6.2 is out. This build fixes various issues as listed bellow:
- Fixed window size restoration on macOS;
- Fixed flip on Throw Creator not flipping axis too;
- Fixed workspace not updating after changing screen resolution on Throw Creator and Offset Viewer;
- Fixed P1 and P2 frames and added an option to limit bind on Throw Creator;
- Fixed some weird bugs on Animation editor after manually editing the Begin Action number in full text mode;
- Fixed angle on Animations editor (now counterclockwise);
- Fixed current line not being set to current frame while switching from graphic to text mode on Animations editor;
- Fixed the autosave interval (in minutes as intended now);
- Fixed some random freeze/crashes while editing text (affects any text-based editor);
- Fixed some typos in the sound editor (sprite instead of sound);
- Fixed delete sound group (was keeping the first of the group and removing the next from the group's last one);
- Fixed the "Import" function for Sprites and Sounds freezing if there's a syntax error in the .ffe file;
- Fixed program crashing if you use zoom fit on a very small sprite;
- Fixed an issue where incorrect image size calculation makes M.U.G.E.N. use more memory for sprites (fixed on next time SFF is saved);
- Improved support for 32-bit images.
Thanks to everyone supporting us and reporting issues.
This is a small update to fix all known issues since version 3.6 release.
- Fixed the file modification watcher showing twice and prompting the user at every external change, even if there's already a prompt active;
- Fixed camera movement (up/down) on BGs editor;
- Fixed a bug where incorrect indexing causes code to me moved to the wrong animation;
- Fixed the crop after option on the add sprites function;
- Fixed the sprite Export function for SprMake2;
- Fixed default width/xscale values for new Parallax elements;
- Fixed sprite not showing properly on BGs editor after undo/redo and BG type changes;
- Fixed Zoom Fit function for graphic editors;
- Fixed program freezing on DirectX rendering mode (dead-locking on slower machines).
Thanks to everyone supporting us and reporting issues.
Today, I'm proud to release Fighter Factory Studio 3.6. This version is the major step forward in Fighter Factory history.
Since the first version, the program was designed to edit characters, and specific tools for fonts and stages was planned (Font Factory is the only one that was born). The never released version 3.1 has BGs support, but implementing that was a challenge, as Fighter Factory 3 is, still, focused on chars, so Studio comes to the rescue. This version is designed to support a greater feature set, and it's modularity allows pretty much everything to be supported, that's my final goal.
The first step is done, backgrounds are widely used across the engine, so this editor will highly improve workflow speed and quality of life when working with this type of content. Fonts, System Pack and advanced editing/debugging features comes next.
- Image editor no longer asks to discard changes after saving and navigating to another sprite.
- Added contiguous option to Magic Wand.
- Increased maximum Zoom level.
- An active search no longer moves cursor position while going to another editor.
- Changed format for exporting config from options to include everything in a single file.
- Welcome dialog don't show if the program finds an existing configuration.
- Improved search & replace functions to use the advanced search functionality.
- Added support to captures on regular expression replace mode (%1, %2, ...).
- Fixed some crashes while applying settings.
- Fixed selection mask not moving alongside pixels on image editor.
- Fixed a bug that might cause sprites to be incorrectly linked.
- Made changes on Sprite explorer (thumbnails) to be more generic, so now it's not exclusive to Animations editor.
- Sprite explorer can be used on Image editor to insert sprites as individual layers.
- Implemented a Play function for Image editor, so it hides all layers and then on, one at a time.
- Implemented Save layers as individual sprites (the layer's name defines the sprite identifier).
- Made a lot of changes on all presets and iconsets for the new features (including moving OnionSkin to Animations panel, which makes more sense).
- Updated the Reference Documentation (scripting documentation is on the way).
- Fixed some crashes while editing commands.
- Fixed some crashes while trying to edit a FightFX Project.
- Fixed Issues showing twice for virtual files like Animations on stages and BGs (stuff from .def).
- Updated syntax highlight for stages, storyboard, system.def and fight.def.
- Implemented complete BGs support (work for Stages, Motif and Storyboard).
- Implemented Controllers panel to edit BG controllers.
- Implemented Stage panel to edit Stage specific options (affecting BG preview).
Very special thanks to all Patrons for making this possible without taking forever. You rock!
Thanks to my friends Tyler Young and Douglas Baldan for the amazing support and extensive testing.
Thanks to the community for the feedback and support all over these years of work.
New update released today. This is a full update containing all previous changes, more bug fixes and new stuff.
- Fixes many crashes on DirectX rendering mode;
- Fix Ultimate preset errors;
- Adds a volume control in Sound editor (for playback).
- Fixed an infinite loop while closing a Project (DirectX rendering mode);
- Fixed random crashes caused by very small textures (like in Winane AI template);
- Fixed many memory leaks;
- Project loaded from script (like Winane AI template) has code navigation list enabled now;
- Added "Zoom / Fit to screen" function to adjust the zoom level to best fit the contents on workspace area (a button is available on toolbars too);
- Implemented zoom support for sounds editor;
- Implemented a tick based timeline (60Hz) on sounds editor;
- Improved waveform rendering (min/max sampling);
- Added waveform color for customization in Options (if you use custom colors you may need to check this anyway);
- Added an optional package that install Archive extensions (RAR/ZIP support). This will allow you to open a Project from these archives using "Project / Open from archive" function. Backups will be made in ZIP archives too instead of sub folders.
- Fixed missing palette on PNG causing Mugen 1.1 crash;
- Fixed a crash when applying changes to animation code while playing at same time;
- Fixed relative path handling on archives;
- Fixed modification status in animation text mode window;
- Fixed checkbox icon not showing on menus;
- Fixed program freezing temporarily after opening/switching projects;
- Fixed some crashes and parsing errors on BGs;
- Saving sprite changes in image editor also adjusts axis if canvas size was increased.
- Implemented Save as UTF-8 functions (This saves the current file like regular Save using UTF-8 encoding. Only use this if all characters are being displayed correctly in text editor, otherwise you must select the right encoding first, reload then save as UTF-8);
- Implemented Encoding menu under Edit (This is another way of changing the encoding, instead of clicking in the status bar which is not so obvious);
- Implemented find animation for OnionSkin.
Very special thanks to everyone reporting bugs and making suggestions, in special Tyler Young, United By Games, O Ilusionista and ErnestoGP. I'm trying to implement as much features as possible, so for sure, any suggestion is being taken into account.
Today, I'm releasing version 3.5.6 to the public. This version is fully focused on major bug fixes and optimizations, but there's various improvements all over the place too.
Changes in this new build:
- Fixed many crashes while closing a project;
- Fixed crashes while closing/resetting .cmd file in the commands editor;
- Fixed scripting system (so templates on Project/New menu will work again);
- Fixed Throw Creator (code fixed by O Ilusionista);
- Made demanding tasks heavily multi-threaded, so you'll see massive performance gains on newer hardware;
- Optimized code parsing (opening and reparse after big changes should be a lot faster now);
- Implemented asyncronous task support (async and auto save implemented);
- Improved cache systems;
- Improved the way it handles non-8bit images on SFF v1;
- Improved the way files are handled (now you can open multiple files in any editor);
- Fixed Import sprites from anorther project (second and third palette options not working as intended);
- Fixed frame skipping while navigating between frames using the slider;
- Implemented "Contiguous" option for Paint bucket on Image editor (when disabled paints all pixels with the same color);
- Implemented Magic Wand tool on Image editor;
- Exposed more classes to the scripting system (documentation will be updates later).
As planned, next builds will be exclusive to our Patrons, at least temporarily (early access) like this one.