After several months of delay, I'm releasing version 3.5.4 to the public. This version introduces more features, a lot of major bug fixes and improvements.
This release was delayed many times because we decided to deploy Fighter Factory Studio as an installer like previous versions, and at same time switching to a stable package management system to perform updates too. So I decided to use Qt Installer Framework, which allow us to make an installer, perform updates and let the user customize installation, like choosing which components to install instead of them all like before. New features like extensions and engine modules will be deployed this way too.
Another great change is the way Fighter Factory Studio stores user settings. As suggested before, now it uses the proper directory on current user private folder, so even if you need to reinstall it, all settings are preserved.
The more noticeable changes, besides many bug fixes and improvements, are the Variable usage log/list coming back on M.U.G.E.N module, and the new way it writes to files, being the last one an awesome new feature, improving security, preventing data loss by a program failure (crash) while saving, power loss or whatever reason a file write operation gets interrupted, by using temporary storage instead of direct write.
Changes in this new build:
- Zoom on code editors applied to "Edit animations too.
- Fixed "Run in engine" when .def is used as CNS too.
- Export sprites/sounds crashes if used while in another editor.
- String replace crashes if it changes some comment.
- Random crash while editng code.
- Fixed many bugs in OnionSkin.
- Configuration moved to an user directory.
- Pasting a RGBA image on Indexed canvas tries to preserve transparency.
- Added option to allow color slot redistribution on Advanced Palette Editor.
- Better renderer selection (Native painting is activated if neither OpenGL 2.0 or DirectX 9 support is available).
- Code list updates itself when some value changes.
- Implemented the variable usage list/log for M.U.G.E.N.
- Tree list state is preserved when switching between editors.
- Texture cache is cleared on Native painting mode, saving lots of memory.
- Fixed the crash when switching from definitions editor right after some change was made.
- Fixed the zoom on animation editor after closing all tabs.
- Fixed some crashes while editing animations.
- Fixed import animations from another project.
- Fixed export to HTML.
- Fixed some problems with angle and scaling.
- Changed Options window so each engine module can display custom settings.
- Added options to change CLSN default colors on M.U.G.E.N module.
- Fixed the Throw creator slider not updating animation when moving by keyboard.
- Fixed the function "Use these contact boxes in all other instances of this frame".
- Fixed the crash when there's just one frame in an animation with time = 0.
- Fixed the bug that sends an animation to the top instead of bottom on organizer.
- Implemented a progress bar to show code reparse progress while switching colorsets.
- Implemented a new way to write into files, more secure, as we keep the original file while writing into another temporary one (if a failure occurs while writing you won't lose the file like before).
As planned, next builds will be exclusive to our Patrons, at least temporarily (early access) like this one.