Today, I'm releasing Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2. This new version fix almost all bugs people reported, and adds a few new features.
The biggest changes are the Advanced Search we explained before, and some new functions that's very interesting. Now, we break any limits, so Projects can have any number of files, we unlocked all editor set in any Project type too.
OK, that's cool, but what I can do?
- "Project -> Open single file" was added to create a new project with just one file.
- After opening a single file, you can open more files in the same Project using the Open function from menu bar (Definitions, Sprites, Animations, Commands, States and Sounds).
- Even without a single file, you can open more than one file in any editor, like was possible only on States editor before.
- The search result mark works in any editor too to warn you about results in another file.
- You are allowed to close any file too. In Options window there's a setting to unlock this, so closing the last open file will close its editor too, cleaning unused stuff from the interface.
Changes in this new build:
- Fixed the crash when you attempt to close a project when nothing's open (the button is usually greyed out, but becomes available if you open the options menu and hit apply).
- Fixed copy and paste on sprites.
- Issues list now updates itself after things get fixed.
- Fixed the crash when closing a file after removing a state.
- Fixed the crash while editing code snippets.
- Fixed syntax error underlining comments too.
- Fixed case sensitivity on file extensions on Linux by an option to disable native dialogs.
- Fixed panel's background color.
- Fixed DPI Settings on Linux.
- Fixed tabulation on code editor.
- Fixed the problems with unicode file paths.
- Fixed some bugs in the frame interpolation while playing animation.
- Fixed file navigation when the file isn't saved.
- Fixed the crash after changing shortcuts in Options window.
- Fixed the case where "Run in engine" crashes if you click OK faster than it selects one item.
- Improved panel size management.
- Issues list moved to a better place on bottom.
- Advanced search implemented on bottom.
- Engine output added to bottom.
- "Project -> Open single file" implemented.
- Support for closing any file (closes the editor on last file).
- Support for opening any number of files (all editors are tabbed).
- Improved code tree management.
- Welcome windows implemented to easy setup Fighter Factory on first use.
- Fixed M.U.G.E.N. setups defined in the Options menu don't appear to get written to a saved config file.
- Fixed SFF handling on "non-char" projects.
- SFF save function not blocking anymore.
- Syntax fixed for fonts.
- Added the empty template for new projects.
- Implemented the Lazy syntax fix as custom search & replace.
- Added support for nil expressions (-1).
As planned, next builds will be exclusive to our Patrons, at least temporarily (early access).