After one year of work, 13 years before release of the first edition, we are glad to launch Fighter Factory Studio to the public. This new version is a huge improvement over any previous edition.
Although it lacks some features, it's a solid base to upcoming functions that will be added. As said on previous announcements, we aim to be able to edit every single game asset, on any engine we add support. Fighter Factory was designed to be a character editor, version 3 added support to more formats, but on Studio we extend this to the maximum level.
The reworked code-base is powerful, scalable, extensible and very stable. Everything is ready for big new features like BGs editor on M.U.G.E.N's module and OpenBoR support. There's no limit for what we can do in this edition, and we have plans to extend almost all functions.
Here you can download latest version and older ones as well (including all versions from 1.0 to 3.0), and some important public content in our Blog. All exclusive content will be posted in our Patreon page.
- Split on modules with support for multiple engines.
- Project file explorer (will be essential for full game development).
- OpenGL is mandatory, but a software rasterizer alternative is available too.
- Updated to latest version of Qt framework.
- Hybrid parser/syntax highlighter (smarter, faster and more reliable).
- Multi-threaded (long tasks are split across all available CPU cores).
- Import from another project can import from any supported engine too, and has collision resolution.
- Backup function restore files by replacing them and reloading, instead of just loading the backup on memory without changes in the original files.
- 'Project -> Save' improved. Saves all modified files and call save as for those who lives on memory only as expected, on all projects of the same 'group'.
- 'Project -> Save as' improved. Saves all files of the current 'project group' to a new folder (copy them in its current state to a new folder). Eg.: open a character, make a copy of it on another folder to create a new one based on the first.
- We can even make a full copy of a default engine installation to make a full game.
- 'Project -> Run in engine' improved. All bugs solved, faster than before, and on a full game 'project group' runs on the game itself.
- Undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, find and replace available in all editors. You can even undo complex things like changes on sprites.
- Zoom available on code editor too.
- Built-in image editor inside sprites editor.
- Import replace sprites with same group/number.
- Ability to resize one or more sprites outside image editor (you can scale all sprites with hit box adjustment/scaling in one batch).
- Default background is set based on localcoord.
- Contact Box drawing always use the same type as current ones (default or not), or non-default if there's none.
- Better support for frame interpolation, including timeline controls.
- Onion Skin on animations changed from sprite to animation/frame.
- Complete support for high DPI displays.
- Palette generation and 'Adapt image to palette' with better support for alpha channel (can produce anti-aliased 8bit sprites).
- Animated GIF generation works even with non-8bit sprites (adapts to 8bit).
- Better interface preset system (adjusts to available space and scales nicely).
- Drag and drop support on the Organizer.
- Sound file viewer on sounds editor (basic editing functionality will be added over time).
- Added fold all/unfold all for code editors.
- Improved 'Export to HTML function' (tries to detect AI commands to uncheck them).
- Parser groups allowed code by file type.
- Added A1 transparency shortcut in Animations editor.
- Added full support for frame interpolation.
- Improved offset viewer and throw creator.
- Fixed PCX decoding (solves some issues on portraits in SFF v1).
Windows (x86):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable
Windows (x64):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable.
Linux (64): libGL (OpenGL library) and Wine.
macOS (x64): Sierra 10.12 or greater and Wine Stable.
- Zoom on code editors don't increase font size of all text.
- Sound suddenly stops (macOS).
- Can't resize dialogs (macOS).
Bug fixes as soon as possible.
Public release of new builds with new features every 3 months.
Other builds exclusive to our Patrons.