As we promised, Fighter Factory Studio was released in April, 4th. Unfortunately, we hadn't enough time to finish everything, and we apologize for that.
As planned, until the next major build, we continue to release patches and minor builds to make Studio better every day. User's feedback was the reason we're releasing this version with lots of bug fixes and some small additions so quickly. Thank you very much.
We hope more people gets involved on this project and help us, in any suitable way, to reach our goal and make the best possible tool for you..
Changes in this new build:
- Added Windows XP support on the x86 version.
- Not loading def that has point character before extension.
- Crash when selecting an item in the left, then switching to another editor.
- Increased wave rendering pause time when navigating between sounds to improve responsivity.
- Some files not being copied to ffs_x temporary folder.
- Crash with backup on load activated.
- Many crashes on Sprites and palettes editor (includes all sort of bugs like Import, Insert, New file, almost all functions).
- Error on [State xyz].
- Errors window not jumping to the right tab.
- Crash after closing all tabs in Cns/St editor.
- Crash after closing tabs and switch to Animations editor.
- Window size goes outside screen boundaries in low resolution screens.
- Can't save sprites on thumbnails panel.
- Add sprites by file name uses the same group for all images.
- Added support for navigation using organizer.
- Fixed a bug when black colors get painted in some part of 24bit images.
- Optimized the wave rendering.
- Fixed all possible cases that can lead to crash after closing tabs and switching to another editor.
- Fixed the bug that files get deleted when opened from Mugen sub directories and tested in the same Mugen installation.
- By fixing the previous bug, added support to run a project in-place.
- Added more options for conflict resolution on Import from another project.
- Unlocked palette organizer.
- Added the 'Detect group/index from file name' option in Palettes and Sounds editors too.
- When opening 24/32bit images in the Advanced palettes editor, it asks if you want an optimized palette for it.
- Fixed a bug when animation code gets reparsed, CLSNs before the first animation (if they exists) are set to the first frame.
Very special thanks to our Patrons, M.U.G.E.N. communities and everyone helping to make this a complete success!
After one year of work, 13 years before release of the first edition, we are glad to launch Fighter Factory Studio to the public. This new version is a huge improvement over any previous edition.
Although it lacks some features, it's a solid base to upcoming functions that will be added. As said on previous announcements, we aim to be able to edit every single game asset, on any engine we add support. Fighter Factory was designed to be a character editor, version 3 added support to more formats, but on Studio we extend this to the maximum level.
The reworked code-base is powerful, scalable, extensible and very stable. Everything is ready for big new features like BGs editor on M.U.G.E.N's module and OpenBoR support. There's no limit for what we can do in this edition, and we have plans to extend almost all functions.
Here you can download latest version and older ones as well (including all versions from 1.0 to 3.0), and some important public content in our Blog. All exclusive content will be posted in our Patreon page.
- Split on modules with support for multiple engines.
- Project file explorer (will be essential for full game development).
- OpenGL is mandatory, but a software rasterizer alternative is available too.
- Updated to latest version of Qt framework.
- Hybrid parser/syntax highlighter (smarter, faster and more reliable).
- Multi-threaded (long tasks are split across all available CPU cores).
- Import from another project can import from any supported engine too, and has collision resolution.
- Backup function restore files by replacing them and reloading, instead of just loading the backup on memory without changes in the original files.
- 'Project -> Save' improved. Saves all modified files and call save as for those who lives on memory only as expected, on all projects of the same 'group'.
- 'Project -> Save as' improved. Saves all files of the current 'project group' to a new folder (copy them in its current state to a new folder). Eg.: open a character, make a copy of it on another folder to create a new one based on the first.
- We can even make a full copy of a default engine installation to make a full game.
- 'Project -> Run in engine' improved. All bugs solved, faster than before, and on a full game 'project group' runs on the game itself.
- Undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, find and replace available in all editors. You can even undo complex things like changes on sprites.
- Zoom available on code editor too.
- Built-in image editor inside sprites editor.
- Import replace sprites with same group/number.
- Ability to resize one or more sprites outside image editor (you can scale all sprites with hit box adjustment/scaling in one batch).
- Default background is set based on localcoord.
- Contact Box drawing always use the same type as current ones (default or not), or non-default if there's none.
- Better support for frame interpolation, including timeline controls.
- Onion Skin on animations changed from sprite to animation/frame.
- Complete support for high DPI displays.
- Palette generation and 'Adapt image to palette' with better support for alpha channel (can produce anti-aliased 8bit sprites).
- Animated GIF generation works even with non-8bit sprites (adapts to 8bit).
- Better interface preset system (adjusts to available space and scales nicely).
- Drag and drop support on the Organizer.
- Sound file viewer on sounds editor (basic editing functionality will be added over time).
- Added fold all/unfold all for code editors.
- Improved 'Export to HTML function' (tries to detect AI commands to uncheck them).
- Parser groups allowed code by file type.
- Added A1 transparency shortcut in Animations editor.
- Added full support for frame interpolation.
- Improved offset viewer and throw creator.
- Fixed PCX decoding (solves some issues on portraits in SFF v1).
Windows (x86):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable
Windows (x64):Windows 7 SP1 or greater and Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable.
Linux (64): libGL (OpenGL library) and Wine.
macOS (x64): Sierra 10.12 or greater and Wine Stable.
- Zoom on code editors don't increase font size of all text.
- Sound suddenly stops (macOS).
- Can't resize dialogs (macOS).
Bug fixes as soon as possible.
Public release of new builds with new features every 3 months.
Other builds exclusive to our Patrons.